Specialist Orthodontist and Owner
Dr Parfitt qualified as a dental surgeon in 1985 from Guys Hospital London. After a series of hospital appointments (in the specialties of oral surgery and children's dentistry) and two spells in general practice, he embarked on a formal three year post graduate orthodontic training program at University of Birmingham and has had a number of papers published.
He then came to Weston Super Mare and started to develop Weston Orthodontic Centre during which time he also worked in Wimpole Street in the West End of London.
He now dedicates his time to Weston Orthodontic Centre whilst still giving some time to teach and examine the Students at Bristol Dental Hospital. He is also very active with a number of committees on a number of which he has served as Chairperson.
- Invisible and cosmetic braces
- British Society of Orthodontics
- European Association of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontics
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Dental Association - formerly Chairperson (Bristol and Bath Section)
- Avon Orthodontic Committee - Managed Clinical Network (covering Bristol; Bath; South Gloucestershire; North Somerset) - Chairperson.
- BDS (Lon) 1985
- FDSRCS (Edin) 1993
- DOrthRCS (Eng) 1993
- M(Dent Sc) Orth (Birm) 1994
- MOrthRCS (Edin) 1994
- Admitted to Specialist Register for Orthodontics 1994
- Andrew Parfitt
- Nikki Atack
This page was last updated on the 8th of April 2016