At the end of your treatment you should have a healthy super smile to be proud of. However you will need to follow the instructions below to make sure your teeth settle down correctly and do not continue to move.
- Wear your retainer as instructed by your orthodontist. Your teeth will continue to move if you don't and this could undo a significant amount of benefit that has been achieved.
- Remove the retainer to eat or drink anything (other than water), to play contact sports and also to clean your teeth, but remember to put it back in afterwards. Clean retainers daily using a cleaner called retainer brite. Alternatively you can use soap and water. Do not use toothpaste. Do not use hot water.
- Do not lose or break your retainer, as you will have to pay for a replacement. You will also be charged if the retainers no longer fit due to tooth movement as a result of poor wear.
- If you have any problems with the retainer (eg you can't wear it; it doesn't fit; it breaks; you lose it) then please contact the practice immediately on Weston 01934 429052 to arrange an appointment.
- Reviews of the settling of the teeth are undertaken three months after the removal of the brace, three months later, then after a further 6 months. You will then be advised to wear your retainer indefinitely for as long as you want straight teeth. If you wish your retainers to be replaced after this 12 month review period there will be a charge for replacements.
- Remember to bring your retainer with you when you come for checks.
This page was last updated on the 9th of May 2016